Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Just A Taste

In preparation for the upcoming gig I have this weekend, I was able to try out the Canon Speedlite 580EX II external flash at work. Hip has a few of them lying around the office and was gracious enough to let me try one out. I'm totally convinced I can't go any longer shooting at night without one. Heres a little sample of Radar at work....

This was shot without the Gary Fong Lightsphere II cloud diffuser, which would soften up the shadows even more (which I also plan on getting with the flash).

Here's the gig flyer:

This is something that my co-worker and good friend Julien put together with some others. He going to be djing too, under the Joulz alias as described in the flyer. I'm hoping to get the flash before Saturday (if I can find one on the island). SOUL!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mikie said...

Dude... envious of the upcoming camera gear. External flash + diffuser = so much better than the built in flash on that puppy. What kind of night shots are you thinking, though?

8:25 PM  
Blogger William said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:27 PM  
Blogger William said...

When I say night shots, I'm refering to pictures taken at any night time event from rock/reggae concerts to drum and bass shows, where the shooting is within short range (from a few feet away to up close)and you need to have that flash calm down in the intensity department.

Plus I just like night photography in general, so I naturally gravitated toward the idea of getting a nice flash. =)

10:29 PM  
Blogger Mikie said...

That's what I figured. Stuff you can't use a tripod and long exposures for-- that diffuser will be perfect. I hate how harsh regular flash photography often is.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home