Friday, January 12, 2007

Target Practice

So I was sitting in my living room alone tonight and had an epiphany. There is a show on OC16 (the local cable station) called Board Stories, which basically consists of surf footage from Hawaii and interviews with pro surfers. I then thought to myself how great it would be to shoot pictures that nice at that moment. Cue the light bulb.

I run into my room, grab my camera, and start taking pictures of Board Stories on the TV. The images aren't the greatest quality and you can see the pixels in the screen, but its great practice for your timing with shooting fast peeling waves. It's fun too.


Look, I'm on TV!






Hopefully I'll get some real ones this weekend. I've got to get rid of this computer geek tan.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mikie said...

Man, I'd never have thought of practicing that way-- nice idea! Go give that telephoto lens a workout-- can't wait to see! (it's maybe 17 degrees F outside as I type this. I wish I were taking photos of surfers in Hawaii!)

2:23 PM  
Blogger Jesse said...

So is that 1) really you 2) a good PhotoShop job or 3) a guy that looks a lot like you?

5:22 PM  
Blogger William said...

The correct answer to the question is number 3. I didn't even realize it looked like me until I got it on the computer. What were the odds?

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home